munro cottage - terms and conditions
1. The property known as Munro Cottage, 2 Railway Terrace is offered for holiday rentals subject to written confirmation by Margaret and John Hunter (the "Owners") to the renter (the "Client").
2. To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial £100 per week rental deposit (there is no reservation fee). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit the Owner will send a confirmation notice. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the Property. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is advised to arrange appropriate insurance (including winter sports cover where appropriate) and to have full cover for cancellation, personal belongings, public liability, etc. for the duration of their stay. These are not covered by the owners insurance.
5. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to release the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
6. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
7. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, or appliances in the Property or garden and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
8. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:-
- for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in the respect of any equipment or appliances in the Property or garden.
- for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, strikes or other matters, beyond the control of the Owner or,
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
9. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
Download a Copy of the Booking Form.
p: 01334 472036 m: 07969 732817 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
all material on these pages © M Hunter 2013